Thursday, December 2, 2010

My complaints

It's been a while since I've tried to write
tried to fight
I've been sitting here beneath the light
of this plastic halo that's getting too heavy for me
I'm not afraid
nah, I've never been afraid
not afraid of the world, at least.

I'm getting SO tired of being reminded how stupid I am!
It's high time I start moving on
write a song
move to LA and wear a thong
OR SOMETHING!

You know you're in trouble
when you're dreaming of change
ANY change
begging for it so much you vote on the first guy that sings it out...
But no
The last thing I want is to wake up and wonder who I could have been
Hell Is knowing things could have been better

Regrets? I've had a few
I envy those who brag of such freedom
I wish I hadn't asked
I wish I hadn't said
I wish I hadn't looked
I wish I hadn't kissed her in the cold night as she crossed her fingers
But what can you do, you know?
I try to move on,
keeping a sharp eye on the big picture
crossing the other
to see the future
You wonder why my face is funny?
It's what I get for thinking too much!
Hahah... ah...

I'm beginning to doubt that anyone can help me
You can't fix what isn't broken, right?
And me? I'm not broken!
You have to be made for something first to know it you aren't working right
RIGHT?
...
No, this really is not working
monkey wrenches might suffice to replace suspenders
But you still know there's something better out there..
Out There....
I really hope there's something for me to be looking for out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment