Sunday, July 4, 2010

Just a few thoughts

I'm bored, and I want to put something up here, But I don't really have anything to say... So I'm going to share some thoughts written in my philosophy ... journal thing. Yeah. I have a little book where I write what I think. You should try it

Anydangway
. HERE WE GO!



A man Speaking to God.
Man: If you asked me to leave my home, I would go instantly. If you asked me to jump off a bridge, if you asked me to die, I would do it honorably.

God: But my friend, I don't have that luxury of asking beforehand, for no one can hear my voice anymore.
Would you love me still if your house was taken from you? Would you still feel honor if I pushed you off a bridge?
May I Kill You?

In our life, rarely do we see even the smallest glimpse of the whole. Things happen that hurt so much, and we don't understand why God would put us through it.
If we could just understand his love.



Again and again but in different colors: Mannerisms, appearances, they're all recycled!
TV, Movies magnify them, twist them, but it's all still there
the world is a cliche' in pickle juice, still the same but slowly evolving until the flavor is unrecognizable.
Now. This new generation wants everything to to feel much more important than it needs to be.
Is it just because of the media?
The world seems to be building up to something. You can feel the tension rising in everything... Or is that just because we all want an end?

EVERY STEP CAN BE A STEP UP...


I LIKE ST JOHNS EXPLANATIONS:
In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word WAS God
In him was life, and the life was the LIGHT OF MEN- The light WHICH IS IN MEN. Our consciousness, Our ability to rise above animalistic instinct.
And the light shineth in the darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Moses taught humans how to be at peace. Jesus is trying to teach us how to be REAL. A higher law that only those with consciousness can follow.


I only race against the people I used to be


Stop coming to me
and I will stop searching for you.
I have let you down so often
and I know if you TOUCH me
I'll hurt you again
I don't want to be alone
O' GOD I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
but I can't stand the way I destroy
and regardless of how much I love you
I will kill you
WHY CAN'T I DO THIS?!


The youth are not just watching the media, they are watching YOU
If you fail to provide a good- or any kind of- example, they will look where they can

If reverence is love, so is the teaching of it

EXEMPLAR
EXEMPLAR



PAY ATTENTION!
there are good lessons to be learned from the past



It's ok to disagree, but don't be disagreeable!




Why is it that Humans are always trying to literally climb higher?
We seem to think the farther we get from the earth, the less it matters to us.
Looking down at all the movement and towers, all the pain and worries that occur down there seem inconsequential. It's as though we're suddenly cleansed of it all.
It is a power. It's that Freedom that everyone searches for at one time or another. Drugs, Freerunning, flying, greed, it's all the same effort to feel disconnected. Untouchable
But no matter how high we go. We will always have to land.

Hey, the church really is true. Like, seriously.


Ummm.... I'm done.

3 comments:

  1. COMMENTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am allowed to comment. Very good.
    This is interesting stuff. Does the thought journal thing you keep really have all this stuff? Is it only about religion? Either way it’s very awesome that you would think of doing that.
    One of my favorite things you talked about was the St. John thing. How in the beginning there was a word. It may seem crazy, but this is how I see it:
    Everyone, even nonreligious people, know the thing where thoughts become words become actions etc. etc. This happens with everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. Someone thought it would be nice to keep warm. So they thought of ways to keep warm and started trying things (actions), and it slowly progressed. Caves, caves with more people in them (body heat), animal skins. But there always seemed to be something they didn’t understand, and then came fire! This thing that started as just a way to keep warm gave them so much more than that, it could keep them warm, cook their food, give them light, scare away predators. Anyway, I’d like to think a similar thing happened with God.
    He wasn’t and isn’t just this random happenstance where He’s just suddenly God. He needed to work and progress and become what He is. I don’t know how much truth is in that, but I like to think that it wasn’t just a random explosion and things happened. It was a thing that took time and planning. And with that said WE took time and planning and so we aren’t where we are just because all the other places filled up and He didn’t know where else to put us. Is it weird to think we have a destiny and a reason to be where we are?
    Wow… sorry this is a longer comment than it needed to be.
    Also. That green part in the middle. It’s way cool. Depressing and deep. But cool. I want to comment on that so bad, but I need a little bit more time to think about it. And seems as though it would make a good song. You seem very musical and poetic, my friend. It’s refreshing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, it's nice to get a comment that's more than "Not bad" or "Wowee!"! I put these things up here to benefit BOTH of us, so feel free to ramble. The more feedback I get, the more I can fix and add in myself!

    You are definitely on to something concerning the Word, and I would like to believe God reached his status through a progressive program much like our existence as well.

    I try to write about more than just religious aspects of the world, but there's a lot of religion in mine :P I strongly feel that there is NOT be a separation between science and religion, though I suspect we progress better if not everyone views it that way just yet.

    ReplyDelete